Precisive® 5-162 flare stack gas analyserReal-time stack monitoring and combustion control
Precisive® 5-162 is a real-time Precisive gas composition analyzer calibrated for flare stack and fast response control of multi-component alkane and alkene gas streams. Precisive 5-162 is much lower cost to buy, maintain and calibrate than alternatives such as Mass Spectroscopy, maintaining the accuracy of a Gas Chromatograph with superior response time.
Precisive® 5 Application-specific Analyzers are focused on the oil & gas markets for a variety of natural gas and hydrocarbon processing applications. From upstream gas processing, to midstream distribution and downstream refining and power generation. The unique Precisive® TFS™ platform further lends itself to a diverse set of monitoring points from bulk high percentage level compositions, fast response bulk BTU and Wobbe Index monitoring, through to trace ppm (part per million) trace impurity in natural gas, refinery gas and ambient air conditions.
- HPI flare stack analysis
- Stack monitoring and combustion control for Olefin and Ethylene cracking plants
- Much lower cost to buy, maintain and calibrate than other alternatives
- Maintains the accuracy of a Gas Chromatograph yet with superior response time
Precisive TFS™ Light Absorption Spectroscopy
The Precisive TFS™ (Tunable Filter Spectrometer) sensor platform consists of a light source, a sample cell (for gases, liquids or solids), a wavelength separating element (spectrometer) and a photo-detector. The wavelength separating element “slices” the wavelength components of the broadband light source which then interacts with the sample molecules. Some of the wavelength components are absorbed and some are transmitted through without any absorption.
Advanced Spectral Decomposition Algorithm
Precisive TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectrometers use an advanced spectral decomposition algorithm. The resulting spectrum is called absorption spectrum, which acts as “fingerprints” which are used to identify the sample components and/or quantify the composition of the sample.
Precisive® 5-162 Benefits
- Analysis in seconds: Continuous measurement instead of batch handling with real-time feedback.
- Simple to install and maintain: No carrier gas or instrument fuel gas required for low operational costs.
- Linear across measurement range: Linear response across the full measurement scale.
- Precision and accuracy: Accurate and reproducible results in under 5 seconds for combustion control to a PLC.
- Flow-through sensor design: No sensitivity to pressure and flow variations which minimized potential sampling issues.
- Small footprint, outdoor rated: Extractive process mounted to replace GC installation with process control to DCS via real-time Modbus output and a NEMA 4X, CSA Class1Div2, ATEX Zone2, IP66 rated enclosure.