HIS 14 HDFocused high density VUV source
Designed for ultraviolet photoelectron spectroscopy on solids with the discharge lines of HeI and HeII as well as of other noble gases and hydrogen, the HIS 14 HD is an extended version of the well established FOCUS HIS 13. The small spot of 300 μm makes the HIS 14 HD ideal for ARPES or PEEM applications where high flux densities into a small area are mandatory.
- 300 µm spot size
- 50 x higher flux density (compared to non-focused source)
- Large working distance
- Ease of operation
- Discharge regulation
- Operating pressure down to 10-10 mbar range
- Robust water cooled design with direct-sight connection between the discharge area and the target for easy alignment.
- A port aligner facilitates the positioning of the light spot on the sample in a range of +/- 3°.
- For dedicated ARPES experiments there is an optional third pumping stage available for operation in the 10-10 mbar range.
The focusing of the light spot down to 300 μm is realized with state of the art synchrotron beam line optics technology. The photo current into a 300 μm spot is > 30 nA (Al foil).
The HIS 14 HD is mounted on a flange CF 63 ID (optional: CF 100 ID) and comes with a customized adaptor flange to adapt the HIS 14 HD to the customer‘s experiment (chamber drwg. to be provided by the customer).
A low noise digital power supply provides up to 300 mA discharge current for HeI and HeII operation. The minimum photon line width with HeI excitation is below 2 meV. The power supply supports the automatic plasma ignition and the included Pirani pressure gauge.