Precisive® 5-271 syngas composition, calorific value & Wobbe index monitorOn-line quality monitoring of syngas
The Precisive® 5-271 is designed specifically for on-line quality monitoring of syngas derived from a variety of fuels, including coal and biomass. It provides fast and accurate measurement of Calorific Value, Wobbe Index, and compositional information, including CO2 in a single, compact analyzer. Based on a unique Tunable Filter Spectroscopy (TFS™) platform from MKS, the analyzer directly measures the component concentrations and calculates gas property values based on widely-accepted ISO standards.
Precisive® 5 Application-specific Analyzers are focused on the oil & gas markets for a variety of natural gas and hydrocarbon processing applications. From upstream gas processing, to midstream distribution and downstream refining and power generation. The unique Precisive® TFS™ platform further lends itself to a diverse set of monitoring points from bulk high percentage level compositions, fast response bulk BTU and Wobbe Index monitoring, through to trace ppm (part per million) trace impurity in natural gas, refinery gas and ambient air conditions.
- Fuel analysis for engine and combustion control
- Syngas Calorific Value measurement
- Syngas Wobbe Index measurement
- Check metering, blend monitoring, fast-response BTU monitoring
- Fast-response alternative to traditional calorimeter and/or gas chromatograph type instruments
Precisive TFS™ Light Absorption Spectroscopy
The Precisive TFS™ (Tunable Filter Spectrometer) sensor platform consists of a light source, a sample cell (for gases, liquids or solids), a wavelength separating element (spectrometer) and a photo-detector. The wavelength separating element “slices” the wavelength components of the broadband light source which then interacts with the sample molecules. Some of the wavelength components are absorbed and some are transmitted through without any absorption.
Advanced Spectral Decomposition Algorithm
Precisive TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectrometers use an advanced spectral decomposition algorithm. The resulting spectrum is called absorption spectrum, which acts as “fingerprints” which are used to identify the sample components and/or quantify the composition of the sample.
Precisive® 5-271 Benefits
- Analysis in seconds: Real-time, continuous measurement with fast responce time.
- No carrier gas or fuel gas requirements: Low operational costs and infrastructure requirements make it suitable for small-scale plants and terminals and ideal for remote installations.
- Robust calibration: Reduced maintenance and operational costs.
- Compact, outdoor rated, low power: NEMA 4X and IP-66 rated enclosure is suitable for engine or manifold mounting, and engineered to withstand vibration and shock.