500 Cold CathodeVacuum Transducers
The Granville-Phillips® Series 500 Cold Cathode Gauge incorporates the latest technology with modern design techniques to provide highly reliable and long life vacuum measurement across a wide pressure range. The modular design integrates gauge and control electronics in one convenient package.
- Absolute measurement range from 10-10 to 10-2 Torr
- Individually calibrated gauges provide 10% accuracy
- Analog output and RS-485 communications
- Two setpoint relays for process control
- USB interface for setup and diagnostics
- Lifetime indicator for predictive maintenance
- Long Lifetime: Cold Cathode Gauges do not require a filament, which simplifies gauge construction, increases reliability and lifetime, and lowers the cost of ownership. An internal guard ring reduces contamination on critical components and isolates leakage current from the measurement.
- Quick Starting: The field emission starter provides faster and more predictable start times.
- Easy Access Magnet: Tool-free magnet removal simplifies gauge installation and bakeout.
- Baffle: Keeps sputtered material from entering your process chamber.
- Easy Maintenance: Easily removable electronics and magnet assembly makes baking and installation easy
Cold Cathode Technology
Cold cathode technology traditionally provides longer lifetime than hot cathode because there is no filament to burn out, but the tradeoff was reduced accuracy. The Series 500 Cold Cathode Gauge (CCG) defines a new accuracy standard based on innovative technology and time-tested calibration techniques. In addition, there has never been a good way to determine when a cold cathode gauge is worn to the point that its accuracy has significantly degraded. With a new patent-pending method of determining the pressure dosage over time and combining that with a user-selected environmental factor, the CCG Series 500 provides an indication of when the gauge needs to be serviced or replaced.
Long Lifetime with Easy Maintenance
Cold Cathode Gauges do not require a filament, which simplifies gauge construction, increases reliability and lifetime, and lowers the cost of ownership. An internal guard ring reduces contamination on critical components and isolates leakage current from the measurement. Internal components are easily replaced for quick maintenance. Tool-free magnet removal simplifies gauge installation and bakeout.
The gauge can be programmed to turn ON automatically based on an analog voltage input coming from a higher pressure (i.e. Pirani) gauge. The Series 500 CCG can also automatically turn the gauge OFF based on the analog input and/or the pressure reading from the CCG itself.
The USB port provides connection to a PC together with an easy-to-use software program to setup, control, view diagnostics status, and display pressure trends. Communications over USB can occur while the gauge is ON without disrupting normal operation.