SEMPrep2High-quality sample preparation for SEM
Rapid slope cutting with the high-energy ion gun followed by gentle surface cleaning with the low-energy ion gun provides cross-sectional SEM samples suitable for semiconductor failure analysis and other analytical purposes. The system also provides an ion milling based solution for improving and cleaning of mechanically polished SEM samples and preparation of damage-free surfaces for EBSD technique.
- Automated parameter settings and operation
- Widest energy range on the market (100 eV- 16 keV)
- Sample rotation and oscillation
- Cross-sectional sample preparation by slope cutting in 90°, 45° and 30° by different sample holders
- Load-lock system for faster and easier sample exchange
- High-energy ion gun for rapid milling
- Optional ultra high-energy ion gun specially recommended for ion milling extra hard materials or for extreme fast milling
- Low-energy ion gun for gentle surface polishing and cleaning of SEM and EBSD samples
- Real-time monitoring of the milling process by high-resolution CMOS camera and TFT monitor
- Liquid nitrogen or Peltier cooling option
Easy to use operation
The advanced user interface provides optimal operation modes from beginner to expert users. The fully automated, recipe based operation offers almost intervention-free sample preparation. The user has the possibility to create, edit, save and load numerous recipes without limitation. The automated software could include pre-set recipes according to each user’s applications and needs.
Dual ion sources
The two separate ion sources offer the widest energy range on the market. In the ultra-high energy range (above 10 keV) extremely high sputtering rate can be reached. After rapid milling the cleaning capability of the patented low-energy ion source provides smooth and damage-free specimen surface.
To cover all possible needs SEMPrep2 offers two different cooling options:
- The Liquid Nitrogen cooling is suggested for heat sensitive or cryo specimens. With this option the sample temperature can be decreased dramatically and controlled in the sub-zero range.
- Peltier cooling is a comfortable protection against overheating and it helps to keep the sample around room temperature.
Fast and motorized sample exchange
The load-lock and the motorized sample holder driving system provides fast and easy sample exchange with the least possible user interaction. The load-lock protects the vacuum level in the working chamber to save significant time and energy for heavy users.