Precisive® 5-282 natural gas, calorific value/Wobbe index monitorOn-line quality monitor for natural gas products
The Precisive® 5-282 is designed specifically for on-line quality monitoring of natural gas products. It provides fast and accurate measurement of Calorific Value, Wobbe Index, Specific Gravity, and Gas Density along with compositional information, including CO2 in a single, compact analyzer.
Precisive® 5 Application-specific Analyzers are focused on the oil & gas markets for a variety of natural gas and hydrocarbon processing applications. From upstream gas processing, to midstream distribution and downstream refining and power generation. The unique Precisive® TFS™ platform further lends itself to a diverse set of monitoring points from bulk high percentage level compositions, fast response bulk BTU and Wobbe Index monitoring, through to trace ppm (part per million) trace impurity in natural gas, refinery gas and ambient air conditions.
- Natural gas analysis for engine control
- Calorific value measurement for fiscal metering of pipeline gases
- Wobbe Index meter for combustion control applications
- Check metering, blend monitoring, fast-response BTU monitoring
- Biomethane injection control
Precisive TFS™ Light Absorption Spectroscopy
The Precisive TFS™ (Tunable Filter Spectrometer) sensor platform consists of a light source, a sample cell (for gases, liquids or solids), a wavelength separating element (spectrometer) and a photo-detector. The wavelength separating element “slices” the wavelength components of the broadband light source which then interacts with the sample molecules. Some of the wavelength components are absorbed and some are transmitted through without any absorption.
Advanced Spectral Decomposition Algorithm
Precisive TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectrometers use an advanced spectral decomposition algorithm. The resulting spectrum is called absorption spectrum, which acts as “fingerprints” which are used to identify the sample components and/or quantify the composition of the sample.
Precisive® 5-282 Benefits
- Analysis in seconds: Real-time, continuous measurement with fast response engine and turbine control.
- No carrier gas or fuel gas requirements: Low operational costs and infrastructure requirements make it suitable for small-scale plants and terminals, and ideal for remote installations.
- Robust calibration: Reduced maintenance and operational costs.
- Flow-through sensor design: Minimized potential sampling and phase change issues.
- Compact, outdoor rated, low power: Well suited for transportable spot check applications. NEMA4X/IP66 enclosure can be engine or manifold mounted. Engineered to withstand vibration and shock.