PHD-4 SnifferSmall, lightweight, rugged portable sniffer.
The PHD-4 is able to detect very small leaks in objects that have a slight helium/air pressure inside.
It is sensitive to helium concentrations as small as 2 ppm- equivalent to a leak rate of 5x 10-6 atm-cc/sec, far superior to the performance by other means of detecting leaks, such as bubble-testing. The PHD-4 sensitivity relies on Agilent’s proprietary and patented SIPD (Selective Ion Pump Detection) technology. Since it is controlled by a microprocessor, the PHD-4 is easy to use with no training required. All tuning and zeroing are handled automatically. The display can be set to use any of four languages (English, French, German, and Italian).
- The PHD-4 weighs only 2,6 Kg (5.7 lbs) including the battery
- Wide range of uses: replaces or can be used with existing methods such as bubble test or pressure decay
- State-of-the-art microprocessor control allows great simplicity of operation
- Fully automatic start-up
- Ready for test in less than 3 minutes
- Excellent selectivity for helium allows you to read helium leaks and ignore all other gases
- Helium sensitivity can be adjusted as required to minimize test costs and helium consumption
- Can operate either on battery power or connected to an outlet