MultiGas™ 2030 CEM-CertFTIR gas analyser for continuous emissions monitoring
The MultiGas™ 2030 CEM-Cert is an FTIR-based gas analyzer designed for integration with complete continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) to measure emissions from stationary sources such as waste incinerators, power plants and cement kilns.
This analyzer is the core technology used in the TÜV and MCERTS certified MGS300 system produced by MKS Instruments. It is capable of directly analyzing hot, wet effluent gas streams without the need for sample pre-treatment. It is capable of monitoring multiple gas components over a wide range of compositions with minimal cross-interference effects from either water (up to 40%) or other potentially interfering species.
- Integral component of the TÜV & MCERTS certified MGS300 – meets DIN EN 15267-3 standard
- Single FTIR analyzer measures main target emission species including: NO, NO2, N2O, SO2, CO, CO2, CH4, HCl, HF, NH3 and H2O – with no additional analyzers required
- Direct analysis of effluent streams containing up to 40% water – no sample preparation required
- Permanent reference calibration spectra – all but eliminates the need for costly calibration gas cylinders
- Patented, linearized detector response – all instruments maintain the same calibration use the same reference calibration spectra
- Frequency and resolution diagnostics ensure instrument response & calibration for maximum accuracy
The MultiGas 2030 analyzer is made up of a 2102 Process FTIR spectrometer, a patented, high-optical-throughput gas cell and a long wavelength, thermoelectrically (TE) cooled detector. Also included is the MG2000 software platform which offers several communication protocol options for interfacing to CEMS control systems.
The MultiGas 2030 instrument is housed in a rugged 19-inch rack mount chassis for convenient integration with most CEMS enclosures. The analyzer is easy to maintain and has a low cost of ownership (COO).
The MultiGas 2030 CEM-Cert is the core technology used in the TÜV and MCERTS certified MGS300 system produced by MKS Instruments. MGS300 system certification was achieved in compliance with the DIN EN 15267-3 standard, which relates to automated measuring systems for the monitoring of emissions from stationary sources.
The TÜV and MCERTS “certification” and “supplementary” ranges achieved for the different gas components are shown in the table below. Estimated detection limits are also provided and calculated as three times the standard deviation in 25% water.
Gas Components and Ranges — Addressed by the TÜV & MCERTS certified MGS300 system
Supplementary Range 1
Supplementary Range 2
|NH3||0-10 mg/m3||0-75 mg/m3||–||0.35 ppm|
|CO||0-75 mg/m3||0-300 mg/m3||0-1500 mg/m3||0.50 ppm|
|SO2||0-75 mg/m3||0-300 mg/m3||0-2000 mg/m3||0.60 ppm|
|NO||0-200 mg/m3||0-400 mg/m3||0-1500 mg/m3||0.50 ppm|
|NO2||0-50 mg/m3||0-100 mg/m3||0-1000 mg/m3||0.40 ppm|
|HCl||0-15 mg/m3||0-90 mg/m3||0-200 mg/m3||0.20 ppm|
|HF||0-3 mg/m3||0-10 mg/m3||–||0.25 ppm|
|CH4||0-15 mg/m3||0-50 mg/m3||0-500 mg/m3||0.30 ppm|
|N2O||0-50 mg/m3||0-100 mg/m3||0-500 mg/m3||0.10 ppm|
The MultiGas 2030 CEM-Cert is designed for integration with complete continuous emissions monitoring systems to measure gaseous emissions from stationary sources such as:
- Waste incinerators
- Power plants
- Cement kilns
- Large combustion plants
- Turbine engines