946Vacuum System Controller
The 946 is a versatile half-rack vacuum gauge measurement and control system. It provides power and simultaneous readout for up to six different vacuum gauges and/or mass flow controllers, with options for controlling pressure. This highly flexible vacuum system controller supports a wide range of sensor technologies, including Baratron® capacitance manometers, cold cathode, hot cathode, standard Pirani and convection Pirani sensors for a measurement range from ultra-high vacuum to above atmospheric pressure.
- Simultaneous control and display six vacuum gauges and/or mass flow controllers
- Pressure readings from 10,000 Torr down to 10-11 Torr
- Closed-loop pressure control option for use with MKS valves
- RS232/485 computer control standard in all configurations for ease of system integration
- Flow ratio control using multiple mass flow controllers
- Communication between gauges enables a reference sensor to span or zero another gauge
Highly Flexible Vacuum System Controller
This highly flexible vacuum system controller supports a wide range of sensor technologies, including Baratron® capacitance manometers, cold cathode, hot cathode, standard Pirani and convection Pirani sensors for a measurement range from ultra-high vacuum to above atmospheric pressure. In addition, the Series 946 Controller will also monitor and control MKS mass flow controller Types I, G, or P Series and legacy mass flow controllers along with MKS pressure control valves.
Internal Communication Between Sensors
Internal communication between sensor cards, provides a combined output across as many as three sensors for one continuous pressure reading. The internal control feature provides automatic control of ion gauges, protecting them from accidental power on at high pressures. The Series 946 also provides set point relays for external signals and control and may be configured to provide upstream or downstream system pressure control. Serial communications and individual analog outputs are also furnished as standard features.
Twelve Programmable Set Point Relays
The Series 946 provides twelve user programmable set point relays with adjustable hysteresis, four assigned to each of the three card slots. The analog outputs can be programmed as linearly scaled, logarithmically scaled, or as set points, and can be assigned to any of the six sensor channels.
Digital PID Pressure control
With the installation of a valve drive card, fast and accurate closed-loop digital PID pressure control is achieved with an MKS gas proportioning valve or exhaust throttle valve. Additionally, upstream pressure control can be accomplished with a mass flow controller and an MFC card operating in ratio mode.
Compatible Pressure Transducers
- Baratron® capacitance manometers providing 0 to 10 VDC output
- MKS Pirani sensors
- MKS convection Pirani sensors
- Series 423, 431 and 422 cold cathode ionization sensors
- Nude & MIG type hot cathode ionization sensors
Compatible Mass Flow Controllers
- Mass-Flo® Mass Flow Controllers
- G, I, & P-Series Mass Flow Controllers
- Legacy Mass Flow Controllers
- Any MFC requiring ±15 VDC or +15 to +24 VDC, 0-5 VDC set point and standard 15 pin or 9 pin D-sub cable connection
Compatible Pressure Control Valves
- 248A, 148J, 154A solenoid control valves
- 153D and T3Bi exhaust throttle valves