Precisive® 5-253 acid and sour gas analyserOn-line acid or sour gas composition monitoring and heating value analysis
The Precisive® 5-253 is a real-time hydrocarbon gas analyzer based on Tunable Filter Spectroscopy. Calibrated for on-line acid or sour gas composition monitoring and heating value analysis, this package is optimized for multicomponent gas product analysis containing C1 – C6 alkane gases, plus high-concentration CO2 and H2S, with optional NH3 and H2O channels. It offers a fast-response alternative to gas chromatographs, and additional hydrocarbon measurement capabilities over traditional UV analyzers.
Precisive® 5 Application-specific Analyzers are focused on the oil & gas markets for a variety of natural gas and hydrocarbon processing applications. From upstream gas processing, to midstream distribution and downstream refining and power generation. The unique Precisive® TFS™ platform further lends itself to a diverse set of monitoring points from bulk high percentage level compositions, fast response bulk BTU and Wobbe Index monitoring, through to trace ppm (part per million) trace impurity in natural gas, refinery gas and ambient air conditions.
- Gas analyzer for C1-C6 hydrocarbons, H2S plus hydrocarbon and CO2 measurement
- Continuous measurement instead of batch handling
- Speciation by Tunable Filter Spectroscopy (TFS™) technology
- No sensitivity to pressure and flow variations
- Well suited for fixed and transportable applications
Precisive TFS™ Light Absorption Spectroscopy
The Precisive TFS™ (Tunable Filter Spectrometer) sensor platform consists of a light source, a sample cell (for gases, liquids or solids), a wavelength separating element (spectrometer) and a photo-detector. The wavelength separating element “slices” the wavelength components of the broadband light source which then interacts with the sample molecules. Some of the wavelength components are absorbed and some are transmitted through without any absorption.
Advanced Spectral Decomposition Algorithm
Precisive TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectrometers use an advanced spectral decomposition algorithm. The resulting spectrum is called absorption spectrum, which acts as “fingerprints” which are used to identify the sample components and/or quantify the composition of the sample.
Precisive® 5-253 Benefits
- A single all-optical analyzer for C1-C6 hydrocarbons, H2S plus hydrocarbon and CO2 measurement: Complete feed stream analysis with a maintenance-free analyzer that requires no carrier gas.
- Analysis in seconds: Continuous measurement instead of batch handling with minimized sampling.
- Speciation by Tunable Filter Spectroscopy (TFS™) technology: Full C1 through C6 hydrocarbon speciation with virtually no cross-interferences. Optional NH3 and H2O measurement for an 11-channel analysis with a single all-optical analyzer.
- Flow-through sensor design: No sensitivity to pressure and flow variations with light source and detector stability proven in hostile
applications from drill sites to “sooty” refineries.
- Compact, outdoor-rated, low-power: Well suited for fixed and transportable applications with a NEMA4X, IP66 rated enclosure.