Precisive® 5-152 liquid natural gas analyserReal-time LNG composition monitoring and heating value analysis
The Precisive® 5-152 analyzer is a real-time hydrocarbon gas analyzer based on MKS’ unique Tunable Filter Spectroscopy (TFS™) platform. Calibrated for LNG composition monitoring and heating value analysis, this package is optimized for gas-phase LNG product analysis containing C1 – C5 alkane gases.
Precisive® 5 Application-specific Analyzers are focused on the oil & gas markets for a variety of natural gas and hydrocarbon processing applications. From upstream gas processing, to midstream distribution and downstream refining and power generation. The unique Precisive® TFS™ platform further lends itself to a diverse set of monitoring points from bulk high percentage level compositions, fast response bulk BTU and Wobbe Index monitoring, through to trace ppm (part per million) trace impurity in natural gas, refinery gas and ambient air conditions.
- LNG measurement at loading and unloading
- Spot check measurement / custody transfer
- Receiving terminal on-line analysis
- Downstream LNG production
- NG/LNG based power generation
- Ideal fast-response alternative to traditional gas chromatograph type instruments
Precisive TFS™ Light Absorption Spectroscopy
The Precisive TFS™ (Tunable Filter Spectrometer) sensor platform consists of a light source, a sample cell (for gases, liquids or solids), a wavelength separating element (spectrometer) and a photo-detector. The wavelength separating element “slices” the wavelength components of the broadband light source which then interacts with the sample molecules. Some of the wavelength components are absorbed and some are transmitted through without any absorption.
Advanced Spectral Decomposition Algorithm
Precisive TFS™ Tunable Filter Spectrometers use an advanced spectral decomposition algorithm. The resulting spectrum is called absorption spectrum, which acts as “fingerprints” which are used to identify the sample components and/or quantify the composition of the sample.
Precisive® 5-152 LNG Analyzer Benefits
- Analysis in seconds: Continuous measurement instead of batch handling with quick spot check measurement, minimized sampling issues, and real-time feedback.
- No re-calibration, no carrier gas requirements: Well suited for loading and unloading measurements with low operational costs.
- Flow-through sensor design: No sensitivity to pressure and flow variations minimizes potential sampling issues.
- Small footprint, outdoor rated: Can be mounted on the dock, close to loading area making it well suited for transportable spot check applications.