E3100Critical point dryer
This large chamber critical point dryer has been an industry standard for over 35 years and is used in numerous SEM laboratories around the world. Primarily used for critical drying of biological and geological specimens, the E3100 can also used for the controlled drying MEMs, aerogels and hydrogels.
The design of the E3100 features a large, horizontal pressure chamber measuring 63.5 mm internal diameter x 82 mm in length. The chamber has an external water jacket for temperature control and specimens are introduced via a removable rear door. The front of the chamber is fitted with a 25 mm diameter window which gives an unsurpassed view of the liquid level during the critical point drying process.
- Proven reliability – over 6,000 critical point dryer installations world-wide
- Simple robust construction – easy to maintain – many critical point dryer users carry out their own routine maintenance
- Horizontal chamber and large viewing window – excellent visibility of the fluid level and drying process
- Safety – the design has been independently type tested to proof pressures in excess of the working pressure and bursting disc rupture pressure
- Specimen handling – optional specimen holders for coverslips and TEM grids. Porous pots are available for fragile or very small specimens
- Extended warranty option